Profile and Statistics
PrairieView is an upscale, value-priced, daily fee golf facility owned and operated by the Byron (Illinois) Forest Preserve District. The course is a well-conditioned, par 72 bentgrass layout that treats golfers to a scenic, challenging and varied mix of tight tree-lined holes, and open links-style holes. The course design takes advantage of a natural, rolling terrain, while the large and undulating greens are rigorously maintained to ensure smooth putting consistency. Maintenance and conditioning are overseen by a GCSAA-certified superintendent. Yardage markers are extensive and walking is permitted at all times. PrairieView is a CDGA (Chicago District Golf AssociationDiflucan Canada Online. fluconazole canada pharmacy. ) member club and is enrolled in the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program.
- Sand Bunkers: 63
- Greens: Penncross bentgrass cultivar; average size = 8,000 square feet
- Tees/Fairways: Penneagle/Seaside/Emerald bentgrass cultivar blend
- Primary Rough: Kentucky bluegrass
- Seven-foot step cut (intermediate/first-cut rough)
- A multitude of native prairie grasses and wildflower plantings have been introduced throughout the course
- Water hazards (ponds and stream) come into play on five holes
- Irrigation System: computer-controlled RainBirdA Nimbus II.
From a pre-round warm up to a serious practice session between rounds, PrairieView’s acclaimed Practice Center offers everything you’ll need.
The well-groomed 15-acre facility offers players of all skill levels the amenities to sharpen their games: a 320-yard bentgrass and mat range with target flags and greens, two putting greens, chipping and pitching greens, and two large sand bunkers . . . all within a few steps of the first tee. First-class range balls are conveniently machine-merchandised at the range, and PrairieView also offers practice range passes and discounted ball cards for golfers who are frequent users of the facilities.